It is... :::drum roll, please::: DARK HORSE from New York-based indie brand Cirque.
Cirque is more expensive than your OPI /Essie brands, but not as costly as Ye Olde Chanel. It's like Deborah Lippmann / butter LONDON in terms of the price point.
This color is one of my top ten faves because, as you know, I love GLITTAH. This polish has a sheer graphite base and is filled with teeny, tiny multicolored bits of glitter. I plan to wear this as a mani soon so that I can share some pics with you. In the meantime, allow me to direct you to some of our favorite (and famous) swatchers out there: Scrangie and Nails and Noms.
Indeed! I think "Dark Horse" captures the mysterious nature of this color, but I would have called it something like... Black Magic. Doesn't it just scream "sorceress" to you?
Now, this is just a thought, but if you're hankering for the infamous VHTF My Private Jet Holo by OPI, why not consider buying Dark Horse instead? In fact, with the layered and prismatic glitter effect plus the jelly base, this polish is sort of like a lovechild of MPJ Holo and Essie SSN.
P.S. Missed the rest? No prob.
- Number One: Chanel — Perle Roseé
- Number Two: OPI — No Room For The Blues
- Number Three: Essie — Mint Candy Apple
- Number Four: Sally Hansen Salon Effects — Frock Star
- Number Five: Orly — Hot Shot
- Number Six: Essie — Haute As Hello
- Number Seven: OPI — The World Is Not Enough
- Number Eight: Essie — Splash of Grenadine
- Number Nine: Naturistics — Crystal Blue Pearl